Intelligence Analyst – Brazil & Latin America
São Paulo, Brazil
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry
General Role Description:
Sibylline Brasil Consultoria Ltda. (“Sibylline”) is looking for a professional and insightful geopolitical risk analyst to join our team as a consultant analyst, in an embedded role on client site. Based in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the candidate will represent the firm’s analysis to the client as part of a tight-knit team. Analysts detect, analyze, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and of cyber threats. The role has a Brazil and Latin America focus, but requires a broad understanding of intelligence in world affairs.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyze a wide range of information and create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualizations. Due to being embedded, the candidate will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order to successfully interpret client requests and provide insightful information. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with other teams and other corporate stakeholders.
The candidate will be managed by the client’s team leader day-to-day, but will report to Sibylline’s Regional Director and/or operations manager. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, research, and create a range of analytical reports delivering actionable insight to internal clients
- Analyze and assess risks and threats to people, assets and reputation across the designated region/function
- Deliver on-call intelligence assessments tailored to client requirements
- Network and support the growth of the intelligence function within the client company
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels.
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information.
- Effectively manage the client as an embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of support.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 4-6+ years’ professional experience in an analytical function and demonstrable interest in political and commercial connections;
- Excellent/native level Portuguese plus excellent English written and verbal communication skills (ability to read Spanish preferred as well), plus overseas work experience, travel, and professional network development;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Brazilian and broader Latin American politics, business environment and current events;
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information;
- Sharp analytical skills: an ability to provide rigorous and creative insight into complex situations, demonstrating impeccable neutrality in terms of political bias;
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced working environment;
- Able to work and thrive a team environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level competency with MS Office tools;
- Experience working with highly confidential information;
- Exemplary skills in all facets of customer service;
- Eligible to live and work in Brazil.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field of study;
- Strong professional network;
- Experience working in journalism, intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines;
- Strong personal initiative, with ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Embedded Analyst Opportunity – Sao Paulo, position 01-021".
How to apply
We are a rapidly growing firm seeking talent from a wide range of expertise. To submit your CV for consideration for future opportunities, please do so here, and attach a cover letter with your region of expertise in the file name. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and "speculative application" in the subject line. Do note, we are not able to respond to each submission.