Intelligence Analyst, Asia-Pacific
Location: Singapore or Washington DC
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Asia Pte. Ltd. is looking for an experienced, professional and insightful intelligence analyst to join our team as an embedded analyst within a client's global security function, based in Singapore. The embedded Intelligence Analyst supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments in the region. Analysts detect, analyze, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security, and operational continuity of the client. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. While the role is primarily based and focused on the Asia Pacific region, analysts are often faced with tasks of a global nature that require a broad understanding of intelligence in world affairs. This role requires the ability to research and analyze a wide range of information and write regular high quality analytical reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyze a wide range of information and write regular high-quality reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client. In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organization to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to be to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
The candidate will be managed by the client’s team leader day-to-day, but will report to Sibylline’s Regional Director and/or operations manager. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as an intelligence analyst within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, research, and create a range of analytical reports delivering actionable insight to internal clients
- Analyze and assess risks and threats to people, assets and reputation across the region, with a focus on Southeast Asia
- Deliver on-call intelligence assessments tailored to client requirements
- Network and support the growth of the intelligence function within the client company
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels.
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information.
- Effectively manage the client as an embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of support
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in international politics, international business, or a related field; with knowledge of basic financial and commercial concepts;
- 2-5+ years’ professional experience in an analytical function and demonstrable interest in Asia-Pacific political and commercial connections;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Asia-Pacific regional politics, business environment, and current events;
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information;
- Sharp analytical skills: an ability to provide rigorous and creative insight into complex situations, demonstrating impeccable neutrality in terms of political bias;
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced working environment;
- Able to work and thrive a team environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level competency with MS Office tools;
- Experience working with highly confidential information;
- Exemplary skills in all facets of customer service;
- Regionally-appropriate language skill;
- Eligible to live and work in location (Singapore or Washington DC).
- Graduate degree in a relevant field of study;
- Strong professional network;
- Experience working in journalism, intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines;
- Strong personal initiative, with ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance.
Application & Remuneration:
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Intelligence Analyst Opportunity – Asia-Pacific, position 01-021".