Operator, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
Location: Chennai, India
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
We are looking to hire a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator to join our team as an embedded operator within a Fortune 500 client's global security function, based in Chennai, India. The GSOC Operator reports directly to a GSOC Supervisor.
The GSOC is responsible for monitoring physical security functions and detecting and assessing threats and incidents and determining their impact to our client’s employees, buildings, and people. The GSOC uses a variety of tools such as global access control and alarm monitoring systems, CCTV monitoring systems, and in-house applications to detect and analyse threats and incidents and to alert our client about situations that may impact the company. These situations can include political instability, crime, terrorism, extreme weather, or technical failures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure timely response to incidents, alarms, notifications, and calls for service
- Ensure all forms of communications, such as emails, phone conversations, and personal interactions are conducted in a confidential, courteous, and professional manner and documented appropriately
- Maintain knowledge of the SOC specific standard operating procedures, post orders, and procedures
- Manage life-safety, alarm, communications, reporting, video management, and access control functions at designated locations
- Evaluate and processes information received from all available sources, and respond with appropriate communication and dispatch procedures
- Communicate security issues or emergency situations by escalating information to department leadership, local law enforcement, emergency services, such as EMT, Fire Departments, etc.
- Participates regularly in security/safety training programs to stay current on critical SOC responsibilities and competencies inclusive of drills and tabletop exercises
Qualifications and Training:
- Degree preferred or equivalent work experience in fields such as security, research and analysis, investigations, or customer service
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Attentive, organized, and detail-oriented
- A quick learner with the ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility and ability to work all shifts (24/7 operations), willingness to assist the team with overtime as needed
- Familiarity with access control systems, CCTV monitoring systems, and other incident management and/or security platforms preferred
To express interest in this role, please submit your resume. Successful applicants will be sent a writing assessment and will be invited to interview. Interviews will be performed over Microsoft Teams or similar platform.
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Operator, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) - Chennai, India” in the subject line.