Location: San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas, Inc. is looking for a professional and insightful geopolitical risk analyst to join our team as a consultant analyst, in a 100% embedded role with a client. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the candidate will represent the firm’s analysis to the client as part of a tight-knit team. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, and governance risks.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualizations. Due to being embedded, the candidate will engage directly with the client to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order to successfully interpret client requests and provide insightful information.
The candidate will be managed by the client’s team leader day-to-day, but will report to Sibylline’s Regional Director and/or operations manager. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a strategic risk analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, and create a range of analytical reports delivering actionable insight to internal clients
- Deliver on-call intelligence assessments tailored to client requirements
- Network and support the growth of the intelligence function within the client company
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services
- Effectively manage the client as the embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of suppor
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2-4 years of professional experience in an analytical function and demonstrable interest in political and commercial connections
- Thorough appreciation of how geopolitical and security issues can affect major companies
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SF Bay Area politics, business environments and current events
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Sharp analytical skills: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced working environment
- Able to work in both individual and team environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level competency with MS Office tools
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Exemplary skills in all facets of customer service
- Eligible to live and work in the United States
- Graduate degree in a relevant field of study
- Strong professional network
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines
- Strong personal initiative, with ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance
- Ability to manipulate and visualise data
Application & Remuneration:
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience. We will initially screen candidates based on receipt of a cover letter and CV, plus a writing assessment at an arranged time to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview via conference call. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line "West Coast Intelligence Analyst."