Business Operations Manager
Location: London, UK (Remote)
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
The Business Operations Manager’s primary goal is to take responsibility for the strategic and day-to-day processes and policies that support global business operations, ensuring that they are known, followed, and meet the business needs of the respective teams utilising them.
The incumbent of this role will play part business analyst and part Quality Management Systems (QMS) manager.
As business analyst, the candidate must be able to simplify and systematise business procedures and efficiently gather and produce data (strategically and as called upon by various teams). As Quality Management System (QMS) manager, the candidate will be required to create and manage systems, structure and methods to ensure operational consistency and quality standards, as well as monitoring their use.
There will be a requirement to: support the preparation of proposals by providing advice and monitoring process and policy; create relevant internal training presentations; and design other relevant business forms as needs arise.
This role will have a global remit as part of the Business Excellence team, supporting the operations of Sibylline’s global workforce and foreign entities. Working within an agile environment, responsibilities will evolve over time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually evolve and monitor the company's quality procedures and standards, taking ownership of our ISO 9001 certification
- Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Continually review operational business requirements and make sure they are met
- Make sure that processes and policies put into place by various teams meet business standards; aid and support as necessary.
- Look at ways to reduce time waste and increase efficiency
- Maintain controls and documentation procedures in line with our Quality Management System, including monthly audits and other operational requirements
- Define quality parameters in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and monitor performance thereof by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Liaise with other managers and staff and provide training, tools and techniques to ensure they are confident using and instituting processes and policies correctly
- Assess the effectiveness of changes made
- Make sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with change and growth
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, marketing documents, presentations, internal communications and wider process and operations development as required, or skill set allows.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Driven self-starter capable of working under minimal supervision.
- Confident asking questions and probing for answers.
- Confident managing senior managers and leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Not easily overwhelmed and able to juggle multiple threads at once.
- Pro-active, self-confident, and willing to take responsibility.
- Organized, methodical, detail oriented, discreet, and confidential.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to quickly forge positive relationships with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience using a Quality Management System
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Sharepoint
- Experience managing ISO 9001 certification
Following screening of candidates based on CV, successful applicants will be invited to an initial, virtual interview.
The start date is immediate upon candidate availability, ideally as soon as possible.
The remuneration for this role is competitive, dependent on qualifications, aptitude, and experience.
Application & Remuneration:
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience. We will initially screen candidates based on receipt of a cover letter and CV, plus a writing assessment at an arranged time to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview via conference call. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Washington, DC Intelligence Analyst."