Protective Intelligence Analyst
Location: Washington DC, USA
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas Inc. is looking for a professional and insightful Protective Intelligence Analyst to join our team as embedded analysts within a client's global security function.
The ideal candidate will be an analyst who can develop tailored intelligence reports with strategic insight on various geopolitical topics, and has a sharp enthusiasm for corporate security, analysis, and problem-solving. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with other teams and other corporate stakeholders.
Applicants require the ability to collect intelligence information and track threat and geopolitical developments directly or indirectly affecting the client’s assets, people, and interests globally. This role is instrumental in developing finished intelligence products used to inform the client’s business decision makers and provide incident management support to the client’s internal business operations.
In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organization to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our client to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to analyze data from a variety of sources and compile into an organized report.
- To identify trends and potential risk to leadership.
- Complete team projects and products at the direction of the Regional Protective Intelligence Manager.
- Leverages intelligence analysis skills in order to Analyze and assess all-source information for the production of protective intelligence and threat analysis.
- Develops information and technical support documents, summaries, reports, presentations and other designated products in support of the overall business needs.
- Identifies opportunities for the creation of new products or reports to drive impact for Protective Intelligence and key cross-functional partners.
- Under certain circumstances, present oral briefings.
- Appropriately leverage resources, technology, information, and tactics in order to protect reputation and minimize risk to leadership.
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information.
- Flexible work schedule, able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Travel to regional and global offices and events annually (<25% upon resumption of travel).
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant academic discipline, e.g. security studies, terrorism, politics, sociology, criminology, international relations, etc. or relevant work experience of 2+ years in a intelligence or security related analytical position.
- Demonstrable proficiency in working with data and data manipulation tools
- Skilled in open source intelligence analysis and/or political and security industry trends
- Ability to be creative to solve complex problems.
- Self-motivated and a critical thinker.
- Demonstrate experience in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Experienced in Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and Social Media Intelligence (SOCINT)
- Able to work under tight deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Provide threat recommendations to our team.
- 2+ years of work experience in analytical disciplines.
- Second language proficiency other than English.
- Graphic design/presentation and product building skills.
- Familiarity with the intelligence cycle.
- Experience working in both individual and team environments.
- Potential to promote to a higher level within the organization.
- Prior Protective Intelligence or analytical experience e.g., defense, federal, state, local government, academic, private industry, etc.
Application & Remuneration:
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Protective Intelligence Analyst, Position Number 01-021/022".
Following filtration of candidates based on your cover letter and CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview via conference call.
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.