Location: Seattle, Washington - USA
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas, Inc. is looking for a professional and insightful geopolitical and emerging technology risk analyst to join our team as a consultant analyst, in a 100% embedded role with a client. Based in Seattle, Washington, the candidate will represent the firm’s analysis to the client as part of a tight-knit team. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, and governance risks.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualizations. Due to being embedded, the candidate will engage directly with the client to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order to successfully interpret client requests and provide insightful information.
The candidate will be managed by the client’s team leader day-to-day, but will report to Sibylline’s Global Embed Manager. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a strategic risk analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, and create a range of analytical reports delivering actionable insight to internal clients
- Deliver on-call intelligence assessments tailored to client requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other business partners to effectively support their respective Departments.
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels.
- Effectively manage the client as the embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of support
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 5-7+ years of professional experience in an analytical function and demonstrable interest in political and commercial connections (graduate degree preferred)
- Thorough appreciation of how geopolitical and security issues can affect major companies
- 3-5+ years’ professional experience related to new technologies
- 3-5+ years’ professional experience in an analytical function and demonstrable interest in political and commercial connections
- Thorough understanding of the Emerging Tech landscape including: AR/VR, blockchain/cryptocurrency, cyber security, manipulated media, and global connectivity
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking in threat and risk management around new and emerging technologies
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Sharp analytical skills: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced working environment
- Able to work in both individual and team environments
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with high levels of integrity and initiative
- High level competency with MS Office tools
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Exemplary skills in all facets of customer service
- Possess current work eligibility in the United States
Application & Remuneration:
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience. We will initially screen candidates based on receipt of a cover letter and CV, plus a writing assessment at an arranged time to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview via conference call. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Seattle Intelligence Analyst."