Global Security Analyst
Location: London, UK (remote)
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline is recruiting for a position to be embedded with a global technology client in London (although work from home for now).
The position would suit those with an interest or experience in threat monitoring and geopolitical analysis, ideally with operational experience in the security environment. The role will involve shift work, generally 3 days on, with 3 days off. As a newly created function, the position offers scope for positive career development.
GSAs identify, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions and threats that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of the client. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. The role is global in terms of coverage, requiring a broad understanding of dynamics in world affairs.
Applicants for this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualisations. Due to being embedded, the candidate will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order successfully to interpret client requests and provide insightful information.
The candidate will be managed by the GSA Manager on a day-to-day basis, but will report to the Global Embed Manager in London. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a risk analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Swiftly develop a full understanding of the client’s areas of operation and locations, identifying and analysing any potential risks around these in order to best inform emergency procedures
- Maintain sound awareness of relevant incidents and events, along with their potential impact upon the client, notifying the appropriate stakeholders accordingly
- Maintain overwatch of employees and their proximity to notable incidents and events, advising accordingly through required reporting methods
- Compiling and triaging event and incident reports, cascading them to relevant stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner
- Incident investigations utilising a range of sources, including video and open source material
- Monitoring of various threat actors, including developing an understanding of their tactics, techniques and procedures
- Social media monitoring of various potential threats to the client’s employees, assets and operations
- Threat intelligence support to internal stakeholders involving ad hoc reports on a range of issues such as geopolitical developments, scenario planning, forecasts and other related topics
- Travel risk support, including end-to-end coordination of travel risk, information gathering, location vetting, transport arrangements and supporting the client’s travellers when abroad
- Client event support, including threat monitoring during events and advising accordingly on any potential threat actors
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client, supporting their global business to a range of stakeholders
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services
- Effectively manage the client as the embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of support
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and visualise data
- Thorough appreciation of how geopolitical and security issues can affect major companies
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- Able to work in both individual and team environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level competency with MS Office tools
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Advanced degree (Master’s, PhD)
- Strong professional network
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines
- Strong personal initiative, with ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance
- Consulting experience
Application & Remuneration
The remuneration for this role is competitive, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to virtual interview.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com referencing ‘Global Security Analyst’ in the subject line.
*Please note this role is currently remote, with a view to returning to an office as restrictions allow.