Due Diligence Analyst
Location: Fremont, CA, USA
About Sibylline Americas, Inc:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas, Inc. is looking for a professional and insightful geopolitical and emerging technology risk analyst to join our team as a consultant analyst, in a 100% embedded role with a client. Based in Menlo Park, CA. The embedded Due Diligence Analyst supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services supporting research across the entire due diligence spectrum (basic screenings to investigations). Analysts will support complex multi-national research assignments. While the role is primarily based and focused on the Americas region, analysts are often faced with tasks of a global nature that require a broad understanding of global affairs.
Applicants to these roles require the ability to research and analyze a wide range of information and write regular high-quality reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client. In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organization to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to be to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
The candidate will be managed by the client’s team leader day-to-day but will report to Sibylline’s Global Embed Manager. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a strategic risk analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting desktop research using various open-source research tools and methods, and public records available online; and, innovative in the development of new research techniques and resources
- Conducting high quality research and analysis that covers various industry sectors
- Utilizing a variety of research databases necessary for due diligence
- Verifying various data relevant to each subject in the due diligence process; determining what is and is not important in developing integrity profiles of due diligence subjects
- Clearly convey political and commercial dynamics that impact specific countries, with the support of Sibylline’s regional analysts
- Reviewing, editing and verifying reports provided by external analysts and sources; a critical eye for detail is paramount; and, drafting internal reports
- Be an ambassador for Sibylline within the client organization and play a pro-active part in maintaining and expanding the contract
- Travel to regional and global offices and events annually (<25%).
- Provide geopolitical analytical cover for regional analysts, as required
- Attend industry events and promote Sibylline's reputation
- Some international travel may be required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in international politics, international business, or a related field; with knowledge of basic financial and commercial concepts
- An excellent academic record (or equivalent professional experience) and demonstrable interest in political and commercial connections
- Strong attention to detail, and determined in the execution of investigative research
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English; with an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Inclination to work in a process-driven environment, striving for consistency and conformity in methodology and output
- The ability to manage multiple projects, often to tight deadlines
- A passion for finding the truth, and delivering high quality work
- High levels of integrity and initiative
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in North America and a strong interest in security and intelligence
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Possess current work eligibility in the United States
- A proven track record of conducting research and providing analysis in a commercial context and advantage.
- Ideally an existing network of contacts, and comfort with developing strong working relationships with specialists
- Ideally 3 - 6 years previous experience working at a business intelligence firm, and demonstratable case management experience (research and analysis components of the due diligence process).
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
Application & Remuneration
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience. We will initially screen candidates based on receipt of a cover letter and CV, plus a writing assessment at an arranged time to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview via conference call. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Due Diligence Analyst."