Senior Intelligence Analyst & Team Lead
Location: London, UK (remote)
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments, and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence, and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline is looking for a professional and insightful Strategic Intelligence Analyst to join our team as a lead embedded analyst within a client's global security function.
The ideal candidate will be an analyst who can develop tailored intelligence reports with strategic insight on various geopolitical topics, and has a sharp enthusiasm for corporate security, analysis and problem-solving. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with other teams and other corporate stakeholders.
Applicants require an advanced ability to collect intelligence information and track threat and geopolitical developments directly or indirectly affecting the client’s assets, people, and interests globally. This role is instrumental in developing finished intelligence products used to inform the client’s business decision makers and provide incident management support to the client’s internal business operations.
In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organization to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our client to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an advanced level of credible, timely, and actionable intelligence to drive investigations, develop proactive leads, and inform operators and business decision makers.
- Develop business continuity plans and administer and coordinate all aspects of disaster recovery across enterprise. Assist with the development of incident management exercises and provide feedback to be used in post-exercise review/analysis/debrief.
- Responsible for the identification, investigation and case management of incidents involving the client and partnership organizations.
- Generate both raw and finished intelligence products/analysis to internal and external customers through written reporting, in varying predetermined suspense and depth, with minimal supervision.
- Identify intelligence gaps and submit information to fill gaps.
- Conduct briefings as needed for a variety of levels of customers as requested (via phone, video conference, in-person briefing, or industry conference).
- Support investigations through the collection of intelligence related to threats originating from external sources outside the company, as well internal incidents and including issues affecting the client’s employees, customers, facilities, and/or brand.
- Develop, track and maintain reporting of statistical and written analysis of user threats, incidents and investigations for management review.
- Lead the establishment and maintenance of professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to include law enforcement, public safety, intelligence, and investigative organizations.
- Provides mentorship and supervision for team members and coordinates training and coaching for new and existing personnel.
- Serves as Sibylline’s primary day-to-day account manager with the client and lead a small team of analysts working internationally across time zones.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in a related field; with knowledge of basic financial and commercial concepts.
- Approximately 5-7 years of professional experience in an analytical function and demonstrable interest in political and commercial connections.
- Previous leadership and supervisory experience.
- Ability to present credibility, objectivity and respect across all parts of the business.
- Ability to produce quality finished intelligence products for short deadlines, as well as continuing to maintain analysis for and report on long term strategic assessments.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English; with an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to collaborate with other service functions (IT, HR, Finance, Legal, Trust & Safety, etc.).
- Willingness to innovate and introduce new ideas, and an understanding of differences in standards and culture across various geographies.
- Ability to remain flexible, with a demonstrated ability to conduct intelligence gathering and investigations with little to no direct supervision.
- Inclination to work in a process-driven environment, striving for consistency and conformity in methodology and output.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- A passion for finding the truth, and delivering high quality work.
- High levels of integrity and initiative.
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Exemplary skills in all facets of customer service.
- A proven track record of conducting research and providing analysis in a commercial context would be an advantage.
- Preference for technical skills which allow for liaising with Information Technology to implement technical solutions specific to investigations.
- Investigative and analytical skills specific to a corporate high-tech environment.
- Experience in all facets of the intelligence cycle, including data collection, information processing, analysis, and production.
- Overseas work experience, travel, and professional network development.
Application & Remuneration
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Senior Intelligence Analyst, Position Number 08-001".
Following filtration of candidates based on your cover letter and CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview via conference call.
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.