Analyst, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
We are looking for a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Analyst to join our team as an embedded analyst within a Fortune 500 client's global security function, based in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. The GSOC Analyst is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of our client’s employees and assets worldwide and reports directly to the GSOC Supervisor.
The GSOC’s main responsibilities range from producing tactical intelligence to monitoring physical security functions to detecting and assessing threats and incidents and determining their impact to our client’s people, buildings and operations. The GSOC uses a variety of tools, such as global access control and alarm monitoring systems, CCTV monitoring systems, threat intelligence sources and in-house applications to detect and analyze threats and incidents. These situations can include political instability, terrorism, natural disasters or technical failures.
Essential functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining situational awareness and collecting and analyzing information to ensure the safety and security of our client’s people, buildings and operations
- Detecting and assessing threats and incidents and determining their impact to our client
- Using open source intelligence (OSINT) sources and internal databases to produce tactical intelligence
- Using OSINT sources and internal databases to conduct investigations into persons of interest
- Writing and distributing notifications and daily and weekly products
- Assisting in the management of incidents and emergencies at the client’s sites around the globe
- Triaging incidents and threats quickly and effectively
- Monitoring company events and the safety of employees
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Work experience in fields such as research and analysis, intelligence, investigations, customer service or in a security operations center preferred
- Familiarity with access control systems, CCTV monitoring systems, and other incident management and/or security platforms preferred
- Availability to work all shifts and assist with overtime
- During the training period, the analyst is required to work on all shifts
- Fully authorized to work in the United States
To express interest in this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing why the position is of interest, and why you feel that you are well-placed to meet the role requirements.
Following filtration of candidates based on resume and cover letter, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Interviews will be performed over Microsoft Teams.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 per hour