Analytical Researcher - Insight Team
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Ltd is looking for a professional and diligent researcher to join our growing Insight Team. Our UK-based team supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments globally. Researchers support and augment our analytical capabilities across a range of product lines including our geopolitical, Covid-19 and investigations products.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and synthesise a wide range of information as well as work with large data sets to allow for the identification of key trends and indicators. This position represents an excellent opportunity for those looking to enter the risk intelligence sector and gain experience working in a fast-paced strategic risk consultancy assisting on bespoke project work and standing tasks. We offer strong career progression in a leading and expanding firm and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support existing functions (geopolitical analysis, corporate investigations) through wide-ranging research
- Build and execute collection plans for bespoke projects and reports
- Actively monitor regional security incidents to determine potential impact, and maintain an awareness of strategic trends throughout the region in order to assist regional desks
- Support due diligence and threat monitoring projects through ad-hoc research tasks using proprietary databases and social media monitoring
- Provide analytical cover for other regional analysts, as required
- Participate in team meetings and events
- Uphold Sibylline company standards, culture, and ethics within the team
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Minimum
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- A proven understanding of political, security, criminal, and governance issues and a strong interest in security and intelligence
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to work both individually and in a team; multi-task in a fast-paced working environment;
- Experience working with large data sets and delivering quantitative value
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level competency with Excel Word, and PowerPoint
- Eligible to work in the UK
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a preliminary interview will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) followed by a short analytical assessment. Interviews will be conducted via a video call with the Insight Team manager
The position has an initial contract of 12 months with the possibility to extend. Salary is commensurate to the entry level nature of the position.
The successful candidate would ideally be available to start as soon as possible (currently remotely)