APAC Due Diligence Regional Analyst
SF Bay Area, Washington, DC, or Singapore
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas Inc. is looking for a professional and insightful Due Diligence analyst with language skills and topical experience in the APAC region with a fluency in English and languages of that region. The successful applicant will join our team as an embedded analyst within a client's global security function, based in the SF Bay Area, Washington, DC, , Singapore, or possibly other locations. The embedded Due Diligence Analyst provides and maintains analytical and investigatory services supporting research across the entire due diligence spectrum. The analyst will support multi-lingual, and multi-national, research and complex multi-national research assignments across the APAC and into the MENA region. While the role is primarily based and focused on those regions, analysts are often faced with tasks of a global nature that require a broad understanding of global affairs.
Applicants to this role requires the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and write regular high quality reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client. In addition, analysts engage directly with stakeholders within the client organisation to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. The work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a due diligence analyst within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
- Conducting desktop research using various open source research tools and methods, and public records available online;
- Be innovative in the development of new research techniques and resources
- Conducting high quality research and analysis that covers various industry sectors
- Utilizing a variety of research databases necessary for due diligence
- Verifying various data relevant to each subject in the due diligence process; determining what is and is not important in developing integrity profiles of due diligence subjects
- Clearly convey political and commercial dynamics that impact specific countries, with the support of Sibylline’s regional analysts
- Reviewing, editing and verifying reports provided by external analysts and sources; a critical eye for detail is paramount; and, drafting internal reports
- Be an ambassador for Sibylline within the client organisation and play a pro-active part in maintaining and expanding the contract
- Provide geopolitical analytical cover for regional analysts, as required
- Attend industry events and promote Sibylline's reputation
- Some international travel may be required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Minimum
- Postgraduate degree in international politics, international business, or a related field; with knowledge of basic financial and commercial concepts
- 1-2 years previous experience working at a business intelligence firm, and demonstrable case management experience (research and analysis components of the due diligence process).
- An excellent academic record (or equivalent professional experience) and demonstrable interest throughout the region as it relates to political, security, and commercial issuesStrong attention to detail, and determined in the execution of investigative research
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English; with an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Inclination to work in a process-driven environment, striving for consistency and conformity in methodology and output
- The ability to manage multiple projects, often to tight deadlines
- A passion for finding the truth, and delivering high quality work
- High levels of integrity and initiative
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in the Americas regions and a strong interest in security and intelligence
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Fluency in both English and regional languages a must
- Native regional insight; previous experience living and working in the region
- A proven track record of conducting research and providing analysis in a commercial context would be an advantage
- Experience working with highly confidential information
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude, and experience.
Filtration of candidates based on a writing sample and CV will happen continuously with qualified applicants invited to complete a writing assessment (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will be progressed to an interview. Interviews will be conducted via the Zoom telecommunications platform.