Asia Pacific Analyst
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Sibylline Ltd is looking for a professional and insightful geopolitical risk analyst to join our growing team as a Asia Pacific analyst. Based in our London office, the Asia Pacific team supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments in the region. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. While the role is primarily based and focused on Asia Pacific, analysts are often faced with tasks of a global nature that require a broad understanding of intelligence in world affairs.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and write regular high quality analytical reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to our clients. In addition, you will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. Aside from written analysis, we expect our analysts to partake in podcasts and deliver presentations to expert audiences around the world. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a strategic risk analyst with a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles.
- A master's degree in international politics, international relations or a related field; with a strong comprehension of political, security, business and governance dynamics in the Asia Pacific region
- A high level of competency in a regional language, both reading and speaking.
- An excellent academic record with professional experience in a relevant field desirable.
- Strong attention to detail, and determined in the execution of research
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English; with an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to set, manage and meet tight deadlines Experience in editing and proofing written work.
- Internet / online database research skills, including knowledge of proprietary databases such as Factiva and Lexis Nexis.
- Creative research capabilities; the ability to solve problems by thinking out of the box
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, and write regular analytical reports delivering actionable insight to clients;
- Deliver on-call threat assessments tailored to client requirements;
- Actively monitor key security and governance developments across the region with a focus on the leading actors to determine potential impact and maintain an awareness of evolving strategic trends.
- Support due diligence projects by investigating persons, groups of interest, or companies in the region;
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent written English
- A master's degree in international politics, international relations or a related field
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in the preeminent countries of the Asia Pacific region and a strong interest in security and intelligence;
- Native regional insight; previous experience living or working in the region;
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment;
- Able to work in both individual and team environments;
- Experience in conducting corporate investigations and due diligence reports
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level competency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Advanced knowledge of a relevant regional language
- Advanced degree (PhD);
- Strong professional network;
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines (public or private);
- Strong personal initiative: ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
- Experience working with highly confidential information;
The role will be based in our Vauxhall, London office, and may involve occasional international travel to client sites and conferences worldwide. The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.