About Sibylline Ltd:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Sibylline Ltd is looking for a professional and insightful Asia-Pacific Researcher to join our fast-growing team. The Asia-Pacific team supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments in the region. Analysts and researchers detect, analyse, and advise on a range of factors that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance and reputational risks and an awareness of cyber threats.
One of the main focuses of this role will be threat monitoring across the region utilising a range of open source platforms. This role will also involve responsibilities that contribute to the overall functioning of the Asia-Pacific desk on an ad hoc basis. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to begin their development as a strategic risk analyst with a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles.
This role will require approximately 20 hours of work per week and will be remunerated at a rate of £12,000 per annum. It can be carried out remotely, though some travel to the London office may be required to training purposes.
Recruitment will be on the basis of a twelve-month contract (including a three-month probationary period) with the potential for extension and access to further, full-time opportunities within the Sibylline team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree (or working towards) in international politics, international relations or a related field; with a strong comprehension of political, security, business and governance dynamics in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Native proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, and ideally the ability to read both simplified and traditional characters
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in the preeminent countries of the Asia-Pacific region and a strong interest in security and intelligence
- Native regional insight; previous experience living or working in the region
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest and evaluate large quantities of information
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Strong attention to detail, and determination in the execution of research.
- High level competency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Creative research capabilities; the ability to solve problems by thinking out of the box
- Experience engaging with Social Media Monitoring tools and collating information into deliverable formats
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines (public or private);
- Strong personal initiative: ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
- Experience engaging with Social Media Monitoring tools and collating information into deliverable formats;
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
Following filtration of candidates based on CVs, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Although an interview in person is preferable, we can conduct interviews via Skype if necessary. The successful candidate would ideally be available to start as soon as possible.