Embedded Analyst - FinTech Sector
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Asia Pte. seeks a professional, insightful and diligent Security Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our team. The role is embedded, on-site with the client in Chennai, India and reporting to HQ in San Jose, California. The candidate will represent the tight-knit Intelligence Team in-country, detecting, analyzing and briefing on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our client. The role has an Asia-Pacific focus but also requires a broad and thorough understanding of world affairs. The ideal candidate should be able to disseminate bulk information to recognize events and/or incidents that pose or could eventually pose an operational threat. Clear and concise writing skills are required.
As an embedded employee, the analyst will engage directly with stakeholders to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires maturity, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, adept judgement and composure under pressure to provide timely and actionable information of value.
The analyst will be managed and supported by a global intelligence team. Yet due to differing time zones, support may not always be immediately available. As such, analysts should be independent and nimble and be able to operate in uncertain circumstances. Analysts will also regularly coordinate with colleagues at Director and Senior Director level.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a security threat intelligence analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal and professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, and create a range of investigative and analytical reports delivering actionable insight to internal clients;
- Deliver on-call intelligence assessments tailored to client requirements;
- Network and support the growth of the intelligence function within the client company;
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client, supporting the global business at up to board level;
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services;
- Effectively manage the client as the embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of support
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to manipulate and visualise data;
- Thorough appreciation of how security issues can affect major companies;
- Excellent research and investigative skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information;
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment;
- Able to work in both individual and team environments;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level competency with MS Office tools;
- Eligible to live and work in India.
- Advanced degree (Master’s);
- Strong professional network in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Experience working in intelligence, investigations or security-related disciplines;
- Strong personal initiative, with ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview in Chennai sometime in mid-October. Although an interview in person is preferable, we can conduct interviews via Skype if necessary. The closing date for applications is 27 September 2019. The start date will be late November or early December.
Remuneration: The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.