About Sibylline Ltd:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Sibylline Ltd is looking for an experienced Analyst to be embedded with a global fintech client based in Dublin, Ireland. The selected candidate must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills in order to deliver actionable intelligence products and engage with other stakeholders across the organisation. In addition, they must be able to demonstrate a robust understanding of geopolitical developments on both a global scale and on a more regional basis in relation to the client, understanding how these may impact their personnel, assets or operations. Good knowledge and experience of investigations, threat monitoring and travel risk management is also highly desirable.
The key responsibilities of the Analyst will be as follows:
- Assisting in identifying the client’s intelligence requirements and remaining vigilant as to how these will evolve
- Supporting global travel and developing relevant products to provide further insight for personnel when on business trips
- Understanding and investigating various threat actors that are affecting the client
- Threat monitoring of open source and social media platforms
- Assisting in developing the client’s 24/5 threat monitoring capabilities by providing framework, guidance, and training for GSOC operators on threat monitoring who will be located in the US
- Supporting the Director of International Security in addressing the wider security concerns of the organisation, developing other insight products in order to effectively address these
- Reporting on existing and emerging risks at regular intervals to the Director of International Security, as well as other key stakeholders within the organisation
- Effectively manage the client as the embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of support
Applicants to this role also require a strong track record in project management, with the ability to remain highly flexible and adaptable to the diverse requirements of the client and their evolving areas of concern.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to continue their development as an Analyst in the security and intelligence sphere, both in being embedded within the team of a high-profile, global client, and as part of our expanding firm which offers strong career progression.
As an Analyst, you will be expected to display the following skills and attributes:
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in international affairs, intelligence or security studies, although a strong track record of demonstrated work in the industry may be considered as an alternative;
- At least two years of experience working within the geopolitical risk sector; • Previous experience working in investigations;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of how geopolitical, governance and security issues can affect major companies and organisations;
- An understanding of the evolution of key global trends and their likely impact on the client;
- Strong personal initiative; the ability to take ownership of tasks and challenges, to lead a small team, and to deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
- Ability to successfully work with a wide range of stakeholders and manage projects from inception to completion;
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and collaborate effectively in diverse teams;
- The ability to identify when external input / expertise is required, and the confidence to engage in subject-matter outreach;
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to conduct comprehensive gap analysis to ensure that the client’s requirements are met in order to provide mitigate risk effectively
- Previous experience working within a global firm or organisation;
- Previous experience of working with and developing effective threat monitoring systems;
- Strong professional network;
- Consulting experience;
- Ability to use a variety of software tools to research and collate information in line with the client’s evolving intelligence requirements.
The role will be based in Dublin, Ireland, and may involve international travel to client sites, conferences and other events. The remuneration for the role is competitive.
To express interest in this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing why the position is of interest, and why you feel that you are well-placed to meet the role requirements.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will take up their position in May under a 3 month probationary period.