About Sibylline Ltd:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Sibylline Ltd is looking for an experienced Analyst to be embedded with a global financial-sector client based in London for an initial 6-month period. The selected candidate must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills in order to deliver actionable intelligence products and engage with other stakeholders across the organisation and within the Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), where they will be based. In addition, they must be able to demonstrate a robust understanding of geopolitical developments on both a global scale and on a more regional basis in relation to the client, understanding how these may impact the client’s personnel, assets or operations. Good knowledge and experience of investigations, threat monitoring and travel risk management is also highly desirable.
Your work will help our client to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges. The key responsibilities of the Analyst will therefore be as follows:
- Maintaining strong situational awareness of risk factors that have the potential to impact the client
- Investigating various threat actors and the potential implications for the client
- Production of insightful and actionable intelligence products
- Threat monitoring of social and open source media
- Maintaining strategic awareness of global and regional trends and their likely trajectories
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders across the firm in a timely and effective manner
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a strategic risk analyst with a leading financial firm. The right candidate will however remain part of the Sibylline team, and we will continue to offer strong career progression, maintaining a keen interest in building your personal professional profile.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area
- Between 12-24 months of relevant industry experience
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues and a strong interest in security and intelligence
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- Able to work in both individual and team environments
- Experience in conducting investigations
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level competency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Advanced degree (Master’s)
- Strong professional network
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines (public or private)
- Strong personal initiative: ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance
- Experience working with highly confidential information
The remuneration for this role is competitive. The initial period of employment will run for six months, with the shift pattern within the GSOC adhering to a 0600-1400 working day, Monday-Friday. Some weekend work will also be required.
To express interest in this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing why the position is of interest, and why you feel that you are well-placed to meet the role requirements.
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Although an interview in person is preferable, given the current situation in the UK we can conduct interviews via Skype or Zoom. The successful candidate would ideally be available to start as soon as possible.