Embedded Analyst - Red Team Program Specialist
San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas Inc. is looking for an experienced, professional and insightful Red Team Program Specialist to join our team within a client's global security function, based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The client’s Global Security Red Team travels domestically and internationally to conduct real-world tests of security measures protecting the client’s technology, employees, users, and infrastructure. This role requires a dynamic personality that can work successfully in a diverse and fast-paced environment. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and perspectives and/or unconventional career paths or non-traditional experience are encouraged to apply as well.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and write regular high quality reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client. In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organisation to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to be to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue and expand their career growth within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as part of an internal Red Team group that meets the business needs of the client’s Global Security organization, creates integrations across the business.
- Aid in the development of a program that provides physical access penetration assessments for client facilities utilizing techniques used by real world criminal organizations, terrorist groups and foreign intelligence entities.
- Identify and socialize critical metrics for all areas of accountability.
- Support the development of practices, processes, mechanisms and the documentation for these activities, both internally and with working groups.
- Liaise with cross-functional partners to ensure that the client’s Red Team program captures and addresses the various industry trends.
- Utilize internal tools to track and process Red Team assessments and site audits
- Support the development of, and drive controls to provide, synergetic engagement with key partners and stakeholders.
- Continuously collaborate with Global Security partners and cross functional partners across the company to encompass the goals of the business into the Global Security Red Team Program.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in Red team engagements including physical security penetrating testing, social engineering, or adversary emulation. Similar or equivalent law enforcement, intelligence, or military experience will be considered
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of information security practices, access control systems, and physical security operations.
- Inquisitive, Analytical, Imaginative, Intelligent, Strategic, Logical, Self-Aware, and Open Minded.
- Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to executives and non-security stakeholders.
- Time spent living, working, or traveling abroad.
- In depth knowledge threat actors and TTPs that may target technology companies.
- Experience conducting tabletop or functional exercises focused on challenging assumptions, building resiliency, and driving critical analysis of safety and security operations.
- Master’s degree in National/Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Security Technologies, Criminal Justice, Counterintelligence, Organizational Resilience, Leadership, or similar programs; or UFMCS graduate.
- Federal (1811), counterintelligence, intelligence officers, or local law enforcement with the requisite academic credentials are encouraged to apply.
- Expertise in any of the following areas: Counterintelligence, HUMINT, OSINT, Social Engineering, Supply Chain Security, Intellectual Property Protection, Surveillance and Surreptitious Entry, Physical Security, Security Technologies, Adversarial Threat Modelling, Alternative Analysis, Applied Critical Thinking, or Data Center Security.
- Experience supporting global and regional partners in APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and NORAM.
Interview / Start Dates:
The closing date for applications is September 6, 2019.
After candidates are screened based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview, to be conducted via audio/video call. The successful candidate would be available to start ideally in late September.
Salary: The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.