Embedded Analyst - FinTech Sector
Scottsdale AZ, USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas Inc. is looking for a professional and insightful security threat intelligence analyst to join our team, in an embedded role on client site. Based in Scottsdale, Arizona and reporting to our San Jose HQ, the candidate will represent the firm’s analysis to the client as part of a tight-knit team. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our clients. This analyst will focus on threat intelligence analysis as it applies to persons and groups of interest. The role has a global nature, requiring a broad understanding of intelligence in world affairs.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualisations. Due to being embedded, the candidate will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. This requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order successfully to interpret client requests and provide insightful information.
The candidate will be managed by an embedded intelligence manager day-to-day, but also coordinate with a Director and Senior Director. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a security threat intelligence analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles. Moreover, being embedded truly offers “the best of both worlds”, giving a small firm ethos alongside large firm exposure and experience.
Requirements of the Role:
- A degree (Master’s preferred) in international politics, international relations or a related field; with a strong comprehension of political, security, business and governance dynamics
- An excellent academic record and 3+ years professional experience in a relevant field
- Strong attention to detail, and determined in the execution of research
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English
- An aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, including using data and visualisations to support work
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to set, manage and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to consult and engage with clients
- Ability to maintain high standards on client site, as part of a small and highly respected team
- Creative research capabilities; the ability to solve problems by thinking out of the box
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, and create a range of investigative and analytical reports delivering actionable insight to internal clients;
- Deliver on-call intelligence assessments tailored to client requirements;
- Network and support the growth of the intelligence function within the client company;
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client, supporting the global business at up to board level;
- Be an effective member of a small team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services;
- Effectively manage the client as the embedded representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that they are receiving consistently high standards of support
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills;
- Thorough appreciation of how security issues can affect major companies;
- Excellent research and investigative skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information;
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment;
- Able to work in both individual and team environments;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level competency with MS Office tools;
- Eligible to live and work in the USA.
- Advanced degree (Master’s);
- Strong professional network;
- Experience working in intelligence, investigations or security-related disciplines;
- Strong personal initiative, with ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
- Consulting experience;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Although an interview in person is preferable, we can conduct interviews via Skype if necessary. The closing date for applications is July 30 2019. The start date is 1 September 2019.