Embedded Intelligence Analyst
Chicago, Illinois USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas Inc. is looking for a professional and insightful Intelligence Analyst to join our team as an embedded analyst within a client's global security function, based in Chicago, IL.
The role is responsible for contributing to the development and production of intelligence-driven decision support products that assess risks and opportunities around the client’s people, operations, strategy, and brand & reputation. Candidates should be an intelligence practitioner who have a passion for analysis, critical thinking, and advising and informing decision-makers. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with numerous business units across the enterprise.
The ideal candidate will be an analyst who can utilize investigative and analytic techniques to develop tailored intelligence reports, and has an excitement for corporate security, analysis and problem-solving.
Applicants to these roles require the ability to research and analyze a wide range of information and write regular high-quality reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client. In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organization to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to be to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce intelligence reports and threat assessments
- Analyze and assess risks and threats to the client’s people, operations, strategy, and brand & reputation
- Research issues identified by the client for targeted monitoring, analysis, and decision support advisement.
- Data mine various social media platforms for relevant information collection
- Deliver reports, briefings, and presentations on a routine basis that help reduce uncertainty and answer priority intelligence requirements
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and departments to determine intelligence requirements and expand the function’s reach
- Initiate, execute, and maintain intelligence-sharing relationships inside and outside the organization
- Possess and maintain the necessary skills, qualifications and certifications to provide expert advice on intelligence-related programs, regulations, industry standards, risk assessments, and related issues or questions that may arise
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels
Incumbent will represent the key attributes of Sibylline employees:
- Self-motivated, and auto-improving individuals who can couple initiative and boldness with good judgement
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Clarity of thought and analytical flair
- Strong, demonstrable interest in security and intelligence
- The ability to work under pressure, demonstrate leadership when required but also be able to collaborate effectively in teams
- Excellent attention to detail
Skills and Experience:
- BA in any relevant field to include journalism, international relations; political science; advanced degree is preferred but not required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in intelligence or in related (to include academic) fields
- Corporate intelligence, military intelligence, or government intelligence agency experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong analytic, oral, and written presentation skills to include the ability to deliver communications centered on the target audience
- Advanced proficiency in, or the aptitude and willingness to rapidly learn, Web-based social media platforms, search tools, productivity applications, and communication technology
- Someone who has a high degree of emotional intelligence and maturity is a must
- A life-long learner; someone who is dedicated to developing as an intelligence professional is also a must
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, experience with Microsoft SharePoint, and familiarity with data visualization tools (to include building infographics)
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- High levels of integrity and initiative
- Exemplary skills in all facets of customer service
- Graduate degree in a related field; with knowledge of basic financial and commercial concepts
- A proven track record of conducting research and providing analysis in a commercial context would be an advantage
- Foreign language, overseas work experience, travel, and professional network development
- Additional language skills
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.