Embedded Intelligence Analyst
About Sibylline Asia Pte Ltd:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Asia Pte. Ltd. is looking for an experienced, professional and insightful intelligence analyst to join our team as an embedded analyst within a client's global security function, based in Singapore. The embedded Intelligence Analyst supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments in the region. Analysts detect, analyze, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security, and operational continuity of the client. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. While the role is primarily based and focused on the Asia Pacific region, analysts are often faced with tasks of a global nature that require a broad understanding of intelligence in world affairs. This role requires the ability to research and analyze a wide range of information and write regular high quality analytical reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and write regular high quality reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client. In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organisation to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to be to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as an intelligence analyst within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, and write regular analytical reports delivering actionable insight to clients
- Deliver on-call threat assessments tailored to client requirements
- Actively monitor regional security incidents to determine potential impact, and maintain an awareness of strategic trends throughout the region
- Conducting desktop research using various open source research tools and methods, and public records available online; and, innovative in the development of new research
techniques and resources
- Conducting high quality research and analysis that covers various industry sectors
- Clearly convey political and commercial dynamics that impact specific countries, with the support of Sibylline’s regional analysts
- Reviewing, editing and verifying reports provided by external analysts and sources; a critical eye for detail is paramount; and, drafting internal reports
- Be an ambassador for Sibylline within the client organisation and play a pro-active part in maintaining and expanding the contract
- Provide geopolitical analytical cover for regional analysts, as required
- Attend industry events and promote Sibylline's reputation
- Some international travel may be required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in international politics, international business, or a related field; with knowledge of basic financial and commercial concepts
- An excellent academic record (or equivalent professional experience) and demonstrable interest in Asia-Pacific political and commercial connections
- Strong attention to detail, and determined in the execution of investigative research
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English; with an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Inclination to work in a process-driven environment, striving for consistency and conformity in methodology and output
- The ability to manage multiple projects, often to tight deadlines
- A passion for finding the truth, and delivering high quality work
- High levels of integrity and initiative
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in the region and a strong interest in security and intelligence
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Native regional insight; previous experience living or working in the region
- A proven track record of conducting research and providing analysis in a commercial context would be an advantage
- Ideally an existing network of contacts in Asia and comfort with developing strong working relationships with regional specialists
- Ideally 3-5 years previous experience working in a corporate security role or at a business intelligence firm
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Regionally-appropriate language skills
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.