Embedded Tech Intelligence Analyst
Menlo Park, California USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas Inc. is looking for an experienced, professional and insightful Emerging Tech Geopolitical Intelligence Analyst to join our team as an embedded analyst within a client's global security function, based in Menlo Park, CA. You will support the Emerging Tech and Silicon Valley-focused team. You will have a demonstrated interest in topics such as privacy regulation, physical security, and risk associated with the roll-out of new technologies, including AR/VR, blockchain/cryptocurrency, manipulated media, and global connectivity
The ideal candidate will be an analyst who can utilize investigative and analytic techniques to develop tailored intelligence reports, and has an excitement for corporate security, analysis and problem-solving. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with other teams and other corporate stakeholders.
Applicants to these roles require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and write regular high-quality reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to the client. In addition, you will engage directly with stakeholders within the client organisation to interpret their requirements, provide immediate support and consulting, and leverage depth support from the core Sibylline team. Aside from written analysis, we expect our embedded analysts to be to deliver concise and value-driven verbal briefs, and partake in stakeholder management. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development within a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce intelligence reports and threat assessments for the designated region/function
- Analyze and assess risks and threats to people, assets and reputation across the designated region/function
- Monitor all-source information to pro-actively identify and assess threats that could potentially impact the organisation’s global workforce and business operations.
- Complete team projects and products at the direction of the Intelligence Manager.
- Support an environment of protecting people, assets, and reputation through pro-active intelligence reporting, intelligence and information sharing, and partnering with Global Security and cross-functional business partners.
- Gather and analyze data to facilitate improvements in the methodologies, tools and techniques to enable the team to scale and optimize operations to mitigate potential risk.
- Appropriately leverage resources, technology, information, and tactics in a manner that protects reputation and minimizes risk.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other business partners to effectively support their respective Departments.
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels.
- Follow company procedures and processes as it relates to Global Security best practices, and handling of confidential information.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- • Graduate degree in a related field; with knowledge of basic financial and commercial concepts
• 1+ years’ professional experience related to new technologies
• 1+ years’ professional experience in an analytical function and demonstrable interest in political and commercial connections
• Thorough understanding of the Emerging Tech landscape including: AR/VR, blockchain/cryptocurrency, manipulated media, and global connectivity
• Strong attention to detail, and determined in the execution of research
• Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English; with an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
• Inclination to work in a process-driven environment, striving for consistency and conformity in methodology and output
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• A passion for finding the truth, and delivering high quality work
• High levels of integrity and initiative
• Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
• Experience working with highly confidential information.
• Exemplary skills in all facets of customer service.
- • A proven track record of conducting research and providing analysis in a commercial context would be an advantage
• Foreign language, overseas work experience, travel, and professional network development
• Additional language skills
The closing date for applications is January 09, 2020.
Following filtration of candidates based on writing sample and CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Interviews via Skype are available if necessary.
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.