Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator
SAN JOSE, USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of employees and assets worldwide for our client, under the guidance of GSOC Supervisors. The Operator will use a variety of tools, ranging from global access control and alarm monitoring systems to business intelligence sources, open source media, and in-house tools, to detect, analyze, and alert others about adverse conditions that may impact our client. These can include political instability, crime, terrorism, extreme weather, or technical failures.
As an Operator, you will gain unique insights into how Fortune 500 companies operate globally, mitigate risks, and manage crises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively monitor multiple systems and sources to detect potential threats to the client;
- Monitor the safety and security of employees;
- To be on call as a first responder to concerns as they pertain to safety and security;
- Work with corporate security teams and law enforcement agencies worldwide to respond to threats;
- Conduct Person of Interest (POI) investigations, and compile daily reports; and
- Timely production of Advisories and other notification products.
- Perform other related duties as required
Minimum Training and Qualifications:
- College Degree preferred (Political Science/ International Relations/ Communications/
Intelligence Studies) or equivalent work experience in fields such as research and analysis, or
- Attentive, organized, and detailed oriented;
- A quick learner with the ability to multi-task;
- Flexible and comfortable with a changing and high-tech work environment; willingness to learn new tools;
- Self-motivated and inquisitive about world affairs;
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently as needed;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Good working knowledge of Office 365;
- Flexibility and ability to work all shifts (24/7 operations), willingness to assist the team with overtime as needed.
Note: During the training period, the GSOC Operator would be required to work at least one week in each shift.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour (with a raise to $24.00 /hour after training period)