Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Supervisor
SAN JOSE, USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Americas Inc. is looking for a GSOC Supervisor to join our team as an embedded Supervisor within a client's global security function, based in San Jose, California. The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of our client’s employees and assets worldwide. The GSOC Supervisor reports directly to the Manger of Threat Intelligence.
The GSOC’s main responsibility is threat management and incident management. The GSOC uses a variety of tools (e.g. global access control and alarm monitoring systems, threat intelligence sources, and in-house tools) to detect and analyze threats and incidents, and to alert our client about situations that may impact them. These situations can include political instability, crime, terrorism, extreme weather, or technical failures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining situational awareness utilizing security monitoring platforms to ensure the safety and security of our client’s employees, assets and offices;
- Detecting and assessing threats and incidents and determining their impact to our client’s business operations, employees or facilities;
- Assisting in the management of critical incidents and emergencies at the client’s sites around the globe;
- Triaging incidents quickly and effectively; and communicating with different stakeholders and teams;
- Writing and distributing Advisories and alerts;
- Using open source threat intelligence sources to conduct investigations into persons of interest (POI); and writing and distributing POI profiles;
- Escalating concerns to global law enforcement agencies, if needed;
- Triaging phone calls of employees with concerns pertaining to safety and security;
- Production and distribution of daily and weekly products;
- Appropriately delegating tasks, and setting priorities for the GSOC Operators;
- Reviewing and editing products created by GSOC Operators; and
- Training of GSOC Operators; creating and updating training materials.
- Perform other related duties as required
Minimum Training and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Political Science/ International Relations/ Communications/ Intelligence Studies) or equivalent work experience in fields such as research and analysis or customer service;
- Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in conducting research and analysis;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment;
- Flexibility to work all shifts, and a willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed;
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently as needed;
- Eligible to live and work in the USA.
Note: During the training period, the GSOC Supervisor would be required to work at least one week in each shift.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 /hour