Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline is recruiting a Russian speaking Intelligence Analyst position to support our corporate investigations and threat monitoring service.
The position would suit those with an interest and/or experience in corporate investigations, due diligence, threat monitoring and geopolitical analysis more widely. The role requires previous operational experience within the security or risk intelligence environment. As a newly created function, the positions offer scope for positive career development. The remuneration for this role is competitive and reflective of experience.
Our Corporate Investigations team help our clients mitigate risk in their business decisions by providing transparency on complex markets & transactions, non-public insight on counterparties, and actionable intelligence to help resolve commercial disputes. We offer a wide range of products to support our clients, from background reputation checks and compliance driven due diligence to complex investigations, asset tracing, stakeholder mapping and market entry reports. As an Intelligence Analyst, you will be expected to support investigative and due diligence assignments by gathering intelligence through desk-based open source research.
Threat Monitoring Analysts identify, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions and threats that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of the client. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. The role is global in terms of coverage, requiring a broad understanding of dynamics in world affairs.
Applicants for this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and create insightful analysis in accordance with strict deadlines, including presenting and incorporating relevant data and visualisations. The role requires emotional intelligence, creative thinking, maturity and judgement in order successfully to interpret client requests and provide insightful information.
The candidate will sit within the Corporate Investigations Team's reporting structure and will receive routine development reviews. Full support and guidance will be provided from our head office, including training and professional development.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a risk analyst with a leading firm growing at 50% per year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct multi-lingual research of open sources, databases and public records (OSINT) to support investigative and due diligence assignments
- Provide assistance to Sibylline's wider threat monitoring service as well as analytical content when required
- Maintain a viable and robust collection plan for monitoring social media
- Monitoring of various threat actors, including developing an understanding of their tactics, techniques and procedures
- Engage intermittently on discrete project work and geopolitical analysis
- Support social media monitoring of various potential threats to the employees, assets and operations of Sibylline's clients
- Threat intelligence support to internal stakeholders involving ad hoc reports on a range of issues such as geopolitical developments, scenario planning, forecasts and other related topics
- Display creative thinking and consulting skills to deliver a continually improving service for the client, supporting their global business to a range of stakeholders
- Be an effective member of the team, focused on delivery of lean, high-impact services
- Effectively manage client projects as the representative of Sibylline’s team, ensuring that clients are receiving consistently high standards of support
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Minimum
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced / working knowledge of Russian
- Excellent online open source research skills and ability to digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information to produce intelligence
- Experience conducting research utilising proprietary databases and news archives (LexisNexis, Factiva, Arachnys, etc.) and public records including court records and corporate registries
- Understanding of how to assess information validity and source reliability
- Ability to interpret and visualise data
- Thorough appreciation of how geopolitical and security issues can affect major companies
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment whilst juggling multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to work in both individual and team environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level competency with MS Office tools
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Fluent / native level Russian language
- Experience research and collecting SOCMINT
- Strong personal initiative, with ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance
- Strong professional network
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines
- Consulting experience
Remuneration and Next Steps:
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Intelligence Analyst - Insight".
Following filtration of candidates based on your cover letter and CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview via conference call.
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.