Latin America Analyst - Insight Team
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services.
The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
Sibylline Ltd is looking for a professional and insightful geopolitical risk analyst to join our growing Insight Team as a Latin America analyst on our Americas desk. Based in our London office (currently remote), the Americas team supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments in the region. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. While the role is primarily based and focused on Latin America, analysts are often faced with tasks of a global nature that require a broad understanding of intelligence in world affairs.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and write regular high-quality analytical reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to our clients. In addition, you will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. Aside from written analysis, we expect our analysts to partake in podcasts and deliver presentations to expert audiences around the world. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their development as a strategic risk analyst with a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' personal professional profiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, research, and write regular analytical reports delivering actionable insight to clients;
- Deliver on-call threat assessments tailored to client requirements;
- Actively monitor regional security incidents to determine potential impact, and maintain an awareness of strategic trends throughout the region in order to update a global threat assessment scoring system;
- Support due diligence projects by investigating persons, groups of interest, or companies in the region;
- Provide analytical cover for other regional analysts, as required;
- Attend industry standard events and promote Sibylline's reputation
- Uphold Sibylline company standards, culture, and ethics within the team;
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Minimum
- Master's degree;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish (essential)
- Proven knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in the region and a strong interest in security and intelligence;
- 1-2 years of experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines (public or private);
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Analytical flair: an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight into complex situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment;
- Able to work in both individual and team environments;
- Experience in conducting corporate investigations and due diligence reports
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High level competency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Native regional insight; previous experience living or working in the region;
- Advanced degree (PhD);
- Strong professional network;
- Strong personal initiative: ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
- Confident working with large data sets
Remuneration and Next Steps:
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Latin America Analyst -Insight".
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Although an interview in person is preferable, we can conduct interviews via Skype if necessary. The successful candidate would ideally be available to start as soon as possible.
The remuneration for this role is negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience.