Lead Americas Analyst
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
Sibylline Ltd is looking for a professional and experienced geopolitical risk analyst to head our Americas desk and provide thought leadership to our Latin America and North America analysts. Based in our London office, the Americas desk supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments across both regions. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, reputation, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. This role requires both the management of the Americas team as well as the production of analytical content for the region. The lead analyst is required to work with the North and Latin America analysts, ensuring their output is analytically cogent and to manage their respective pipelines. Additionally, the Lead Analyst will be required to augment our investigations function, conducting research.
Applicants to this role require the ability to research and analyse a wide range of information and write regular high-quality analytical reports to strict deadlines, which deliver insight and value to our clients. In addition, you will engage directly with clients to provide immediate support and consulting. Aside from written analysis, we expect our analysts to partake in podcasts and deliver presentations to expert audiences around the world. Your work will help our clients to make critical decisions about security and operational challenges.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to continue their development as an analyst and assume management responsibilities over growing team at a leading and expanding firm. We offer strong career progression and are invested in building individuals' professional profiles. As Lead Americas analyst, you will be expected to display the following skills and attributes:
- Two or more years of experience working within the political/security risk sector.
- A master's degree in either international affairs (e.g. International Relations, War Studies) with a strong regional focus on Latin America and the Americas more broadly.
- A sound understanding of security threats to the corporate sector in the Americas.
- An understanding of the internal dynamics impacting on business and government within different states across the region
- Strong personal initiative; ability to take ownership of tasks and challenges and deliver solutions under minimal guidance.
- Ability to successfully work with people and manage projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure and collaborate effectively in teams
- Excellent attention to detail
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent written English
- Advanced Spanish or Portuguese
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in the Americas region and a strong interest in security and intelligence;
- Excellent presentation skills, and confidence liaising with clients in writing and verbal briefings
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Analytical flair; an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight in complex situations
- High level competency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Previous experience working in corporate investigations
- Ability to use a variety of software tools to research and collate information in line with set intelligence requirements
- Native regional insight; previous experience living or working in the region;
- Strong professional network
- Strong personal initiative: ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance;
- Experience working with highly confidential information
The role will be based in our Vauxhall, London office, and may involve occasional international travel to client sites and conferences worldwide. The remuneration for this role will be starting from £30,000 per annum (negotiable for the right candidate, dependent on qualifications, aptitude and experience) with anticipated rapid progression. The position represents an excellent opportunity to begin and develop a career in geopolitical risk advisory with a leading and expanding firm.