Operator, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
We are looking to hire a Security Operations Center (SOC) Operator to join our team. This is a hands-on position working in a state-of-the-art purpose-built GSOC. This SOC Operator role reports directly to a GSOC supervisor.
This position will be responsible for monitoring physical security functions, detecting and assessing threats, reporting on incidents while determining their impact to our business operations, employees, and facilities. The SOC Operator will use a variety of tools such as global access control and alarm monitoring systems, integrated video monitoring systems, enhanced visitor management systems, and in-house applications used to detect threats and incidents that may impact the company. These situations can include political instability, crime, terrorism, extreme weather or technical failures.
Successful candidates should be able to think quickly, multi-task, problem solve, prioritize and coordinate responses in a fast-paced work environment. They should also be able to write accurate and concise reports for team members and department supervisors.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure timely response to incidents, alarms, notifications, and calls for service
- Ensure all forms of communications, such as emails, phone conversations, and personal interactions are conducted in a confidential, courteous and professional manner and documented appropriately
- Maintain knowledge of the SOC specific standard operating procedures, post orders, and procedures
- Manage life-safety, alarm, communications, reporting, video management, and access control functions at designated locations
- Evaluate and processes information received from all available sources, and respond with appropriate communication and dispatch procedures
- Communicate security issues or emergency situations by escalating information to department leadership, local law enforcement, emergency services, such as EMT, Fire Departments, etc
- Participates regularly in security/safety training programs to stay current on critical SOC responsibilities and competencies inclusive of drills and tabletop exercises
- Associate Degree preferred (Criminal Justice or related fields) or equivalent work experience in fields such as security, research and analysis, investigations, or customer service
- Attentive, organized, and detail oriented
- A quick learner with the ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility and ability to work all shifts (24/7 operations), willingness to assist the team with overtime as needed
- Familiarity with access control systems, CCTV monitoring systems, and other incident management and/or security platforms preferred
To express interest in this role, please submit your resume.
Successful candidates will be contacted in late November or early December.
Following filtration of candidates based on resume, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Interviews will be performed over Microsoft Teams.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour