Supervisor, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
About Sibylline Americas:
Sibylline is a leading intelligence and strategic risk consultancy in the security sector. Since 2010 we have supported businesses, governments and NGOs through the provision of high-quality risk analysis, due diligence and consultancy services. The firm provides an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing working environment, offering employees ever greater exposure to high profile clients and challenges. Sibylline offers fantastic opportunities for career progression within a successful company, and we aim to help our employees to build their own personal profiles as well-regarded analysts within the broader industry.
General Role Description:
We are looking for a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Supervisor to join our team as an embedded supervisor within a Fortune 500 client's global security function, based in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. This position will supervise the day-to-day activities in the GSOC and oversee, monitor and guide the daily job performance and organization of all GSOC personnel. The GSOC Supervisor reports directly to the GSOC Deputy Manager.
This position will oversee a team of Analysts and Operators coordinating all functions of the GSOC, from tactical intelligence gathering to monitoring physical security functions to detecting and assessing threats and incidents and determining their impact to our client’s business operations, employees or facilities. The GSOC uses a variety of tools such as global access control and alarm monitoring systems, CCTV monitoring systems, threat intelligence sources, and in-house applications to detect and analyze threats and incidents and to alert our client about situations that may impact the company. These situations can include political instability, crime, terrorism, extreme weather or technical failures.
We are aware the confidence gap and imposter syndrome may get in the way of applying for positions and meeting great candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. If you are interested in the role, but your experience is different from the preferred qualifications below, please submit a short cover letter.
Essential functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising a team of GSOC Analysts and GSOC Operators and maintaining situational awareness and collecting and analyzing information to ensure the safety and security of our client’s people, buildings and operations
- Detecting and assessing threats and incidents and determining their impact to our client
- Using OSINT sources and internal databases to conduct investigations into persons of interest
- Assisting in the management of critical incidents and emergencies at the client’s sites around the globe
- Writing and distributing notifications and daily and weekly products;
- Monitoring company events and the safety of employees
- Reviewing products and tasks completed by GSOC Analysts and Operators
- Setting priorities and appropriately delegating tasks
- Providing feedback to the team and reviewing the performance of GSOC Analysts and Operators
- Responsible for on-the-job training of GSOC Analysts and Operators
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as security intelligence, research and analysis, or in a security operations center
- 1+ years of supervisory or management experience
- Familiarity with access control systems, CCTV monitoring systems, and other incident management and/or security platforms preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in conducting research and analysis
- Ability to deal with challenges constructively and positively
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Attentive, organized and detail oriented
- Availability to work shifts and evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- During the training period, the supervisor is required to work on all shifts
- Fully authorized to work in the United States
To express interest in this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing why the position is of interest, and why you feel that you are well-placed to meet the role requirements.
Following filtration of candidates based on resume and cover letter, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test analytical abilities. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview. Interviews will be performed over Microsoft Teams.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 per hour