Brazil goes to the polling booths on 7 October in a General Election. Right wing presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro and Workers’ Party nomination Fernando Haddad have a strong lead in sentiment polls, and a second round vote is broadly anticipated on 28 October.
In this podcast we look at the potential ultimate outcomes and what they would mean for the future of Brazil’s security and operating environment.
Key points include:
- Immediate term issues around polling day
- Likely outcomes of round one
- Possible outcomes of round two
- What a Haddad presidency might look like
- What a Bolsonaro presidency might look like
Also available on iTunes: Sibylline Insight Series