Privacy and Cookies Policy
In this policy, “Sibylline Ltd” refers to the Sibylline Ltd’s group and may refer to one or more of the members of that group each of which is a separate legal entity.
This policy encompasses all users of our collective services, around the World. If you are a resident of the European Union, you have additional rights which are explained below.
If you have any questions about our data collection practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we Collect: We collect information about users of our collective Services, this includes customers and potential customers in the normal course of business. We also acquire publicly-available information from social media users and open source platforms for use in several of our Services.
Information You Provide Us: Users of the Website do not require to give Sibylline Ltd any personal data. Sibylline Ltd only collects personal data that is voluntarily supplied. For example, users may wish to provide personal information for the purposes of:
- Jobs applications to Sibylline Ltd
- Subscription to marketing and mailing lists in accordance with the Services
- Contacting Sibylline Ltd
Information supplied by users for such purposes as above may include e-mail addresses, contact addresses, educational details and any other additional information that users may choose to supply.
Information from Social Media and other Open Source Sites: Sibylline Ltd searches and distributes real-time feeds for our customers. To do this, we process publicly-available information we gather from social media and other open source sites. This information includes:
- Profile information, such as users’ usernames, followers and following count, URL, location, language, tags, profile image, verified status, and hashtags.
- Profile content, such as description, occupation type, preferred channels, and likes.
- Content of posts and other social media activity, such as tweets and status updates, timestamp, hashtags and language used, geolocation prediction of posts, and reposts.
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including but not limited to mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Sibylline Ltd (registration no/07302591 with a registered address at 14 Hanover Street, Hanover Square, London, W1S1YH) is the data controller of any personal data collected through the Website or Services and will process such information in accordance with applicable data protection law including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018).
Any enquiries relating to data protection issues should be sent to email@example.com.
Use of Data
Information collected from customers, is used to:
- Operate and develop our Services
- Create customer accounts
- Contact customers for administrative purposes
- Provide customer service and feedback
- Identify, diagnose, and correct problems with customer accounts.
- Personalize our Services to customers
- Enforce our policies and procedures and protect our rights and intellectual property, as well as the rights of others using our Services.
Social Media Data Usage: We use the information we obtain from social media and other open source sites to provide real time searches and evaluation of events/incidences to our customers. We also use this information to produce insights and aggregate reports for our customers.
Sharing of Data
Largely, we disclose the information we collect and have been supplied with from and about our customers to provide our Services, to communicate with customers, to facilitate changes to our business, as required by law, or with customers’ consent. For instance, we may share the information we collect as follows:
- Service providers (including email communication and storage, cloud services, marketing, investigations, customer support and invoice collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, including to protect against fraud or credit risk.
- Sibylline Ltd may also be required to disclose personal data to government and other public authorities who have a lawful right to demand the same (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). It will do so where required in accordance with applicable law.
- In connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, or other similar business transfer which involves all or substantially all of our assets where personal data is shared.
- With customers’ consent, such as when a customer chooses to share information with Sibylline Ltd or publicly post content and reviews.
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade any information we collect from our customers.
Sharing of Social Media and Other Sites: To provide several of our Services, we routinely disclose publicly-available information gathered on social media and other open source sites to our customers.
Third Party Services
Our Services may contain links to and may be used by you in conjunction with third-party apps, services, tools, and websites that are not controlled, or managed by us. Examples include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and, third-party apps like voice software and readers. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own Privacy Statements. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties.
How to block or disable cookies: You can block the download of cookies or remove/disable them, by altering the privacy settings on your web browser. Click here for guidance on how to do this. Alternatively, depending on the type of internet browser that you have, you may be able to download an add-on from Google which will block its analytics cookies.
Sibylline Ltd Customers and Website Visitors: You have a choice regarding what personal data we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. You can:
- Review and control certain types of information connected to your subscription.
- Opt out of the collection and use of certain information.
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Services. It is important to remember, however, that our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Sibylline Ltd shall ensure that user’s personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information. Users are entitled to access their personal data and to request details of the information Sibylline Ltd holds about them and to have it rectified. Users may also direct Sibylline Ltd to use their personal data for specified purposes only.
You may unsubscribe from receiving subscription emails from Sibylline Ltd by following the instructions included in the email. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we may send you non-marketing communications (such as Services-related communications or notices required by law).
The security and protection of personal information supplied by a user to the Site is of the highest importance to Sibylline Ltd. Sibylline Ltd maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and to ensure compliance with the requirements of all applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
International Data Transfers
Sibylline Ltd is headquartered in the United Kingdom, with offices and computers in several locations around the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. The hose countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided the information. By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this kind of transfer. Regardless of where your data is located, we comply with applicable law and this policy. We will always strive to protect the privacy and security of your information regardless of where it is processed and stored.
Residents Of the Economic European Area (EEA)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the collection, processing, and use of information about you. Sibylline Ltd is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will go into effect May 25, 2018.
Basis for Processing: If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we process public social media posts to provide alerts to our customers, and we process personal data collected from our customers to send them subscription material, to communicate with them about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
Requests to Access, Correct, or Delete Personal Data: If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to request and access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, restricted, or erased.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data protection practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or, contact us at the following address:
14 Hanover Street